Eradicate Japanese Knotweed Permanently
We can remove Japanese Knotweed successfully and permanently so call us first!
Japanese Knotweed removal is challenging. The plant is not a native of Ireland, it originates in Asia, but it has caused extensive damage since it’s arrival here.
Japanese Knotweed is very difficult to remove and the problems it creates in properties can run in to thousands of euros of remedial work, so it is important to call in the professionals as soon as you realise you have a problem.
Some things you should know:
- Allowed to grow freely this aggressive plant can cause long delays in construction works and developments.
- It can grow through brickwork, tarmac, cement and paving stones, damaging drains along the way.
- It can withstand fire and will re-grow form the ashes.
- In the warmer months it can grow at an alarming 40mm per day.
- It has no natural enemies in Ireland that could kill or eat it.
- Treatment to remove it is ongoing as it can takes years to eradicate and ensure it does not return.
- It is against the law to grow Japanese Knotweed or to allow it spread onto your neighbours land.
- It must be disposed of at a licensed landfill site and the site owner must be notified beforehand.
Waterford Demolition Ltd are experienced in treating areas that have been contaminated by the Japanese Knotweed. We can provide a strategy for removal and ongoing support until the plant is completely eradicated.
Treatment usually includes the use of herbicides but we have to consider nearby water sources before a definite plan of action can be taken. A site survey will be necessary to determine the removal plan.
Garden Clearance Service
WDL also provides a complete garden clearance service with cleared grounds and garden waste disposal, ready for landscaping. Click here to find out more >